Thanks to the Marine Corps; my family and I were able to experience residing in Gulf Breeze, Florida. Honestly, coming from Portland, Oregon, we were all a bit 'culture shock'. Everyone's so mellow, kind, and could care less of how you look when you go to the grocery store. =] In my opinion, compared to Oregon, it seemed like whenever you go out it's 'dress to impress', but here in Florida? Not really. I was able to let loose and didn't have to worry about make-ups, getting my hair done, and making sure I looked nice and in-fashion whenever I go out.. EVERYDAY!! It was a good chance for me to just be as simple as I can be.
Another thing wonderful about Florida?? the BEACHES!! =] Yes, my whole family and I are IN-LOVE with the beaches here. Every visit to the beach was always a fun and memorable time, especially for our Minis. We also got the chance to experience seeing a school of dolphins swimming all over the ocean; it was by far the best sight I have ever experienced.
A couple of things I dislike about Florida; one of them is the weather. It is soooo humid and hot for about 10 months out of the year. Even the air is hot. While driving in our car and with the AC at full blast.. we were still dripping sweat. There was just no chance for me to take my Minis outside to play in the heat; because the heat makes both of them sooooo MOODY.. okay fine, I admit.. me too!! =] But, it was too hot for all of us that we would only last for a maximum of 15 minutes outside. Not fun at all!! =/ But, during winter, we do get the coldest air coming from the ocean, and I will say this.. IT GETS COLD and I LOVE EVERY BIT OF IT!! =] The other thing I dislike about Florida are the sand. LOL. I know I know. But, thats one of my pet-peeves are tracking sand inside the house and all the of esp the Minis stepping on it and climbing on our furnitures like the couches and end up leaving sand on the couch. That's a HUGE NO NO to me. =] So everyday, I would atleast sweep up half of cup of sand a day; inside my house.. GROSS!!
But other than all of that.. I am grateful that my family and I were able to experience a different living lifestyle here in Florida. I doubt we would want to choose to live here again (unless the Corps orders us again), but we will definitely come back for a visit. =]




No comments:
Post a Comment